The summer is here and Clams go down really well in this heat. Here is a really simple and quick recipe, especially with Fishvish Clam Meat (since it already all cleaned for you).
Clam Roast Kerala Style goes exceptionally well with Appams or Idiyyapam – just order them if you don’t want to make them yourself – but they really do work well together.
- Fishvish Clam Meat – 500 gms
- Onion – 2 (large, finely chopped)
- Ginger / Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green Chillis – 3 (chopped fine)
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi) – 6-8
- Fennel Powder (Saunf) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi) – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder -2 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 3-5
- Coconut Oil – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, splutter fenugreek seeds, add chopped onions, ginger / garlic paste, green chill, curry leaves and saute well.
- Add all powders and saute some more.
- Now add the thawed Clam Meat and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until it becomes dry and turns a nice brown colour.
- The Clam Meat Roast is ready!
- Serve hot with plain Appam or Idiyappam.
Goes really well with chilled beer too!