Now this’s seriously good eating! Grilled fresh water fish – Himalayan Trout.
It’s really simple & quick and can be done in an oven or even on a griddle pan if that’s what you really want.
Barbecue or grilling is healthy and when done right just incredibly yummy. Here’s a very simple recipe with some Indian spices – just enough to bring out the flavors of the Trout.
- 2 Fishvish Himalayan Trout – gutted and washed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Take the properly gutted and washed Trout and make some some oblique slashes down both sides of the trout – this will help the spice mix penetrate deep into the flesh of the fish.
- Mix all the ingredients to make the rub.
- Rub the spice mix all over – in the cavity and into the slashes of both Trout and refrigerate for an hour or so. While the spices do their work light up the barbecue or heat up your grill.
- Make sure the flames have died down (if its an open flame barbecue) or have the grill turned down to low-medium heat. Lay the Trout on the grill and cook for 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, let it rest for a couple minutes before digging in with your hands, it really is the best way to eat this!
Image Credit: Cover Image: Jamie Oliver Grilled Trout