Easier done than said! Fresh, flaky, spiced crab meat filling in halved avocados – a lip smacking delicacy so easy to prepare and yet oh so yummy!
- 2 avocados, halved
- handful basil leaves, shredded with a few of the smaller leaves left whole, to serve
- 1 tea-spoon Dijon mustard
- 100g FishVish Crab Meat
- 2 table-spoon olive oil
- 1 red chili, seeded and chopped fine
- Thaw Crab Meat from FishVish
- Blanch the crab meat in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes and transfer immediately to an ice water bath.
- Once the crab meat has chilled, drain completely.
- Use a small bowl to flake the now cooked and chilled Crab Meat.
- Mix in the mustard and olive oil and season to taste.
- Add chili and basil to the mixture before serving.
- Halve avocados and stone them.
- Stuff 1/4th of Crab Meat mixture in to each cavity.
- Use small basil leaves to scatter and eat.
Recipe & Image Credit: BBC Good Food