Prawns have staked their claim as a snack food and paired with the right sauce can be scrumptious little bites of heaven
- 1 table-spoon sunflower oil
- 8 small sheets filo pastry
- Half finger-length fresh root ginger, grated
- Small bunch coriander, stalks finely sliced, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 table-spoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 300g fresh stir-fry vegetables – we recommend a mix of mushrooms, carrot, green onions, peas, french beans but feel free to use anything that catches your fancy.
- 2 table-spoon sweet chili sauce, plus extra to serve (recipe below)
- 250g prawns, cut small – 1/2 Kg FishVish Curry Prawns or Small Prawns
- 1 bundle dried thread rice noodles (about 60g)
- Thaw the Curry Prawns or Small Prawns from FishVish completely and pat dry.
- Set your oven to 200°C.
- Cook the noodles as per instructions on the packet.
- In a frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the vegetables, coriander stalks and ginger for 5 minutes.
- Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add sweet chili sauce and stir.
- Add cooked noodles and coriander leaves and remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Use some oil to brush four filo sheets. Cover each oiled filo sheet with one other sheet.
- Use quarter of the prawn mixture on each filo sheet along the edge.
- Fold over the side edge and roll up.
Tip: These rolls can be frozen for a month. Ensure you defrost thoroughly before cooking as follows.
- Brush each roll with some oil, and add a few sesame seeds to each.
- Bake on a sheet for 15 minutes with the seam-side down. Serve with salad and sweet chili sauce.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot chile pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Pour water and vinegar into a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in sugar, ginger, garlic, chili pepper, and ketchup; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch. Remove saucepan from stove to cool.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until needed.