Simple yet delicious Kung Pao Prawn recipe, way better and healthier than anything you’ll get from any Chinese takeout joint
- For the Prawns:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, quartered
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 8 dried red chilies (reduce or add more based on how much heat you want)
- 13-15 big prawn, shelled, peeled and deveined – 1/2 Kg FishVish XXXL Prawns or 16-20 FishVish XXL Prawns
- 40 gms roasted peanuts
- 3 spring onions, use the white parts only
- For the Kung Pao Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2.5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- Mix all the sauce ingredients and set aside
- Thaw the FishVish XXXL Prawns or FishVish XXL Prawns completely and pat dry with a kitchen towel
- Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil until the oil is very hot. Add the ginger and do a few quick stirs. Add the onion, green pepper, and dried red chilies. Stir-fry until you smell the spicy aromas from the dried red chilies.
- Add the prawns and roasted peanuts and keep stirring.
- When the prawns are almost cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes, add the Kung Pao sauce and keep stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chopped spring onions, do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve hot.
Recipe & Image Credit: Rasamalaysia.com