So healthy, so easy and just so lip-smackingly tasty! Okay, so yeah it has couscous and I still think its really awesome
- A bunch of flat-leaf parsley (or fresh coriander), roughly chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 400ml hot vegetable stock
- 4 Tuna Steaks, about 100gms each – 1/2 Kg Tuna Steaks from FishVish
- 250g couscous
- 2 teaspoons English mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 table-spoon extra virgin olive oil.
- Canola or any other good quality high temperature oil for brushing
- Completely thaw the Tuna Steaks and pat dry.
- Pour the hot stock over the couscous in a glass bowl, cover with cling film and let it rest for 15 minutes or until all the stock is absorbed by the couscous.
- Take another glass bowl and add the lemon zest, juice, onion and 1 table spoon olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste. Stir lightly and let stand for 5 minutes until the onion softens.
- Once the couscous is ready, add the capers and parsley to the onion mixture and stir for a while, then add it slowly to the couscous, using a fork to gently mix it in with the couscous.
- Season the tuna steaks, brush with canola oil, then pat the mustard powder over both sides.
- Heat a pan and sear tuna on high heat on both sides for about a minute on each side to get medium rare steaks. Cook them a little longer on lower heat to allow for a medium steak.
- Serve Tuna Steaks and herby Couscous with lemon wedges on side.