A delicious dish that never gets old, pairs juicy Jumbo Prawns with a delicately spiced mayo – never fails to impress
- 500g FishVish XXL Prawns
- 3 teaspoons creamed radish (recipe below)
- Tiny splash Tabasco sauce
- 4 small lettuces, washed and trimmed
- 5 heaped tablespoon mayonnaise
- squeezed lemon juice
- 4 table spoon snipped chives or 3 tablespoons finely chopped spring onion (green stem leaves only)
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoon tomato ketchup (less sweet if possible)
- 1 teaspoon paprika or 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Thaw prawns completely and pat dry
- Blanch the prawns in boiling water for 2 minutes or until they turn pink and immediately drain and transfer the prawns into an ice water bath until cool – IMPORTANT.
- Drain and dry thoroughly.
- Set aside 5 prawns with their tails. Remove the tails from the rest and chop into half.
- Lightly season the chopped prawns with salt and pepper.
- Keep the prawns in the refrigerator until required.
- Separate the lettuce leaves, wash them well and dry.
- Use 5 glass bowls and line each with the leaves equally.
- Mix tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, creamed radish, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco. Add lemon juice, paprika, chives and salt and pepper to taste and mix well to get a smooth consistency.
- Mix in the seasoned chopped prawns until well coated.
- Spoon equally into the 5 bowls. Sprinkle the top with a little paprika and chives.
- Top each bowl with one whole prawn.
- Serve chilled.
- 1 cup hung yogurt
- 1/3 cup grated fresh radish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all of the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to allow flavors to meld. Sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 weeks.