Not a traditional Surmai preparation but really easy and very quick. Broccoli pairs really well with Surmai and Basil
- 1 large head Broccoli, chopped fine
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Kg FishVish Fresh Frozen Surmai Steaks, completely thawed and drained and patted dry
- 6 Spring Onions finely chopped (include the greens)
- 1 1 /2 tsp Salt
- 1 1 /2 tsp freshly coarsely ground Black Pepper
- 8 cloves Garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Basil or Coriander, finely chopped
- Wash and clean the head of Broccoli and chop it fine
- Blanch the Broccoli in boiling water for about 1 minute and drain completely
- Mix ½ tsp Salt with ½ tsp Black Pepper toss the Broccoli with this mix.
- Take a baking dish and brush with Olive Oil.
- Layer the Broccoli on the baking dish.
- Place the FishVish Surmai Steaks on the Broccoli and sprinkle Olive Oil, Spring Onions, Garlic and Basil or Coriander over the steaks.
- Mix 1 tsp Salt and 1 tsp of Black Pepper and dust over the Surmai Steaks.
- Bake in a hot oven (200-220° C) for about 15 minutes or till fish is done.
- Serve hot with crusty bread and slices of tomato and lemon wedges on the side.